If you are the handy type, then the chances are that you also have lots of tools and equipment to get your job done. One tool that you are likely to shop for is a wheelbarrow.
So, whether you are planning to get yourself this life-improving equipment and you are wondering whether it will fit in your SUV, then read on as this article got you covered. We answer most of the commonly asked questions when it comes to wheelbarrows fitting in SUVs.
Can Any type of wheelbarrow fit in an SUV?
A typical garden wheelbarrow usually measures around three cubic feet and will fit in an SUV. All you have to do is fold up the rear seat of your SUV(Sports Utility Vehicle). Note that the amount of space and work needed to fit your wheelbarrow in your SUV solely depends on the type and size of your wheelbarrow.
Extra tip; When shopping for this essential equipment, ensure that you consider how large your vehicle is on its rear cargo end.
What is the average measurement of typical wheelbarrows?
Wheelbarrows come in different sizes, with the average size ranging from 2 cubic feet to 6 cubic feet. The dimensions of a six cubic wheelbarrow are about 58 x 27 x 26 inches.
The size of a wheelbarrow usually depends on several factors, which include;
- Worksite-this is the place you plan to use this indispensable tool. It may be for your home gardening, commercial gardening, or a construction site
- The volume of material or stuff you intend to carry using your wheelbarrow
- The actual purpose and use of the wheelbarrow
Wheelbarrows are often designed in 2-3 cubic feet models depending on the factors mentioned above.
Which type of SUV can a wheelbarrow adequately fit in?
Any SUV which has foldable flat seats can adequately accommodate a typical wheelbarrow in its rear cargo end. Such SUVs include;
- Honda CR-V
- Toyota Highlander
- Toyota Rav4
- Toyota Pilot
- Mazda CX-5
- Chevrolet Suburban
If you cannot fold the back seats of your SUV, don’t be alarmed since your wheelbarrow will still fit.PS; if it is a typical wheelbarrow. All you need to do is;
- Ensure that you get it wrapped with quality and not easy to tear wrapping materials to prevent it from scratching your vehicles’ surfaces
- Have it securely tied in the rear cargo end to avoid it moving about during transportation. This helps reduce the risk of getting into an accident as well as damaging both the car and the wheelbarrow during transit
You Might Also Like: